sabato 3 gennaio 2009

Dear friends,


In a few words, I wish to tell you about my daily reflection. As I look at the children who are surrounding me here in Ecuador, I see that they need help for the Community Education Support Centre called “Joy of Living of the children in Ecuador”.

After being in a place like this for so long, I get a different image of our way of living which shows me that in reality, the country one comes from, knows richness and economic commodities. It is more so emphasised particularly these days when we confront a hard reality such as the abuse of children (violence), poverty, begging and sickness. All of the former is mixed in with the colourful artificial beauty which attracts indifference concerning problems of real life.

I am here in this mission in the neighbourhood of Rumiñahui, in Santo Domingo de los Colorados (Tsachilas), a city amongst so many in Latin America. I can now guarantee that no picture, no story told reveals all of what the people here face everyday. The poverty, sickness and the powerless feeling of being unable to change one´s life or one´s family life is a reality. I see it and live close to it daily.

When I write the words “dear friends” I am conscious of what it means to live surrounded by poverty, not only in Africa or India. The Ecuadorian population also manages to surmount living here in contrast to richness.

Even though many social aspects are a luxury, education also forms part of that aspect. To this end, the Franciscan Friars´ community is part of this neighbourhood. As a loyal representative member of this community, I am trying to find ways to better the living conditions of the people surrounding me.

With the help of the “Italian Association of Pisa” we have started socially helping the community´s children, through education. We have built a Community Education Support Centre with dining hall, with the objective of regulating the nutrition of the children as well as the completion of their homework.

In reality, the education system is public in this country: notwithstanding, many poor families cannot afford to buy the stationery and books for the children to study. Although I know that education might be a luxury, it becomes difficult to be able to help all those in need. This is why I have to ask for your collaboration which in turn will serve to transform the actual conditions of persons who dream of having normal lives, with dignity so as to really experience “The Joy of Living”, starting with the little ones.

Dear friends, we are organising a long distance sponsorship programme for the children of the families I visit and wish to greet in our aforementioned project. By giving the sum of $150.00 a year, you can help keep a child healthy as well as being scholarly supported. It will also give him/her access to our dining hall.

Your help is of incredible value to the children and their families. The benefits will serve them throughout their future lives and I am certain that they will remain forever grateful in front on God.

A photo of each child along with information relative to his school activities will be sent to the person supportive of this project.
For more information about the project theme, please contact us through our electronic address.

Best regards!

May peace and wellness be with you always.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento